INTERNATIONAL OPEN ARCHITECTURAL COMPETITION
THE LYCEUM AND HOTEL FEATURING A CONFERENCE CENTRE
Today, the Lithuanian Union of Architects has been informed that, on 21 January 2019 the Department of Cultural Heritage approved the new act of valuable features: Act No KPD-RM- 2743 of the First Immovable Cultural Heritage Assessment Council of the Departmen...
In order to achieve the aim of the competition the following tasks are raised:
Analyse the development possibilities of the land plot, design the best solution appropriate for the design plot.
Design a complex of buildings suited for the scale of the existing sensitive urban environment by developing interconnections with the existing system of public spaces and ensuring their coherence with the existing cultural heritage objects, preserving visual and spatial angles of significance to the city and the public, with a strong focus on the expression of the authenticity of real cultural heritage and the actualisation of the existing historical development.
Develop attractive public spaces.
COMPETITION CONDITIONS AND ANNEXES
EVALUATION JURY OF THE COMPETITION
1. Peter Swinnen, Architects Association of Lithuania/ Architect (Belgium), founder of studio CRIT, 2010-2015 Chief Architect of Flemish region, proff. at ETH
2. Konrad Grabowiecki, Lithuanian Union of Architects / Architect, (Poland), co-founder of BBGK Architekci
3. Florian Hertweck, Architects Association of Lithuania/ Architect (Luxembourg), prof. at University of Luxemburg, founder of Studio Herttweck
4. Mindaugas Pakalnis, Architects Association of Lithuania/ Chief architect of Vilnius
5. Lukas Rekevičius, Architects Association of Lithuania/ Architect, Board member of Architects Chamber of Lithuania
6. Giedrė Filipavičienė, Architects Association of Lithuania/ Architect
7. Jacques Barbier, Architects Association of Lithuania / Vilnius International French Lyceum, Member of the Executive Board
8. Saulius Jurkevičius, Architects Association of Lithuania / Head of the Vilnius Lyceum
9. Kristina Sabaliauskaitė, Architects Association of Lithuania / PhD, Art historian, writer
10. Rolandas Palekas, Architects Association of Lithuania / Architect;
11. Gediminas Rutkauskas, Architects Association of Lithuania / Head of the Vilnius Old town renovation agency, expert at ICOMOS.
The chairperson of the Evaluation Jury: Mindaugas Pakalnis.